Did you have any problems with Incident classification that we have introduced in SLA packages? This short article should dispel any doubts connected with that issue. Incident classification is valid as a method of specifying submitted tasks in both Asana & Mantis.
Please remember that this description is only a suggestion and ultimately is up to our support team to decide:
- if the incident actually occurred or it’s only a non-incident support task;
- which level of severity occurred;
- is there a possibility to lower incident levels thus give us a longer resolution timeframe.
Non-incident Support Tasks
Client submits an information request about a possible support task which has no operational impact. The implementation or use of the Software by Client or its customers is continuing and there is no negative impact on productivity. This includes also all tasks that can be managed inside CMS without any new feature development.
- Research if issue submitted by Client is an incident
- Change of text or product description on page
- Change of image/graphic on the page
- Perform system update or plugin update
- Manager needs instructions on how to change product price
Minor features of the Software are unavailable, or good alternative solution is available, or non-essential features of the Software are unavailable. The customer impact, regardless of product usage is minimal.
- Manager wants to change the picture on the slideshow, but this picture is not scaling properly. Manager can switch back to the original picture.
- After manager changed style on product, style is not displayed properly, but text is visible.
- User did not receive email with invoice on his email.
Important features of the Software are not working properly but there are some alternative solutions. While other areas of the Software are not impacted, the system is impaired – some functionality is unavailable.
- End user cannot leave a comment for his order, but can write an email for support, or will be able to perform such action later on.
- Manager cannot change content or product description in any way, but can temporarily disable product, so problematic content is not visible.
The impact of the reported incident is such that a number of customers are unable to either use the Software or reasonably continue work using the Software. Major loss of function or performance affecting all/ large number of users. No workaround exists.
- End user in shopping system cannot pay for what’s in his basket with one of the means (example: payment by credit card is not working).
- End user cannot create new account.
- Manager user cannot take down product, that is out of stock.
CRITICAL Incident & examples
The impact of the reported incident is such that no customer is able to use the Software. Full loss of function or performance affecting all numbers of users. No workaround exists.
- Website is hacked and homepage content of the website is replaced with hacked image.
- It is detected, that user found security breach and can get data of all other users
- Due to error in DNS change website is not available worldwide